Sandy Ridge has a few suggestions that will help you get thinking about ways
you can bless your community, coworkers, family, friends, and your neighborhood
in Jesus name.
- Reach out to local police or firefighters by delivering candy or cookies.
- Spread some joy in Jesus' name by taking flowers or goodies to nurses in the
- Give of your time to be a babysitter or give of your money so that a
couple can enjoy a day/night out.
- Give a gift card to a restaurant that
doesn’t get out much.
- If you know of a couple that is struggling in their marriage put the money towards a Family Life Marriage Conference. These are
excellent. This site tells you when the next one is in Utah --
- Purchase a phone card if they have children or grandchildren out of state/country.
- Purchase stamps for them to send cards to friends and family.
- If someone you know if struggling financially help to pay part of a bill, car repair, gift card to a grocery
store, gas card, etc.
- Volunteer to clean a person’s house or business.
- Throw a party in the neighborhood.
- Buy cards and use it to wish coworkers and neighbors happy birthday saying something like, “I thank God for the day He
created you.” Also, use it to remember certain losses a person has experienced
(child, parent, spouse, pet, etc).
- If they are sick make them one of their favorite meals/desserts
- If you see someone you know at a restaurant pay for their meal before they do.
- Volunteer to wash windshields / car washes for friends and coworkers.
- Buy diapers for a couple whom you know is having a baby or has a toddler.
- If you like to make blankets or quilts then make one for a friend, family, neighbor for a special occasion like a birth or honoring a
person who past way.
- Order pizza, Chinese, or something else that can be delivered to them with a message of saying, “enjoy the food just wanted to bless
- For women: send a friend, neighbor, coworker their favorite flower and have it delivered to their work or home.
- For students: create a care package for a friend before a big test, offer to wash their car, buy a
backpack if theirs is falling apart.
- For men: volunteer to fix minor repairs (home or car) for those in need.
Note: Remember one is doing this to show God’s love in a tangible and practical way to bless them. Do not expect anything in return. However, doing something like this they might ask you WHY? If that is
the case having something like:
- “I just wanted to show God’s love to you in a
- “I just wanted to bless you in Jesus name”
- “I’m serving God by serving you.”
- “The love of Jesus moved me to bless you.”
All those response send the right messages that God is for them, not against them. If we say
nothing or said something like, “wanted to do something nice to help you out”
then no different than a civic relief organization or a generous person. So be
prepared to see what God will do!!!